Come away and rest awhile.
Be renewed in Body, Mind and Spirit.
Lent and Easter are a busy time in the life of a congregation, and most especially for clergy and other ministry leaders. Now that your planning is done (or nearly so) take a day for yourself. Get some rest. Visit with colleagues. Pray.
You are encouraged to come and stay for the entire day, but you are certainly free to come or as much or little as you are able. See the schedule below.
This day is being offered as a gift to you, so that you might be more ready to serve those Christ has given you to accompany into this coming season.
Please RSVP so that we can plan accordingly.
214-526-7291 or info@iVitalMinistry.org
- 8:30am – Building opens – coffee and conversation
- 9am – Gather for introductions and morning prayer
- 10 am – Tai Chi, or individual / group prayer and conversation
- 11am – Sharing our hopes for the Lenten Journey
- Noon – Lunch
- 1pm – Silent meditation or small group discussion
- 2:30 – Prayer Exercises
- 3:30 – Closing
Lunch and snacks will be provided during the day.
You are encouraged to bring friends and colleagues, from your own congregation or other settings.
Posted in formation, renewal
Tagged associate minister, clergy, communion, congregation, lent, minister, music director, pastor, prayer, renewal, rest, retreat, spiritual direction, spiritual formation
The Institute for Vital Ministry – Companions for your journey.
Dear Friend in Faith,
I am writing to ask you to become an early adopter and supporter as I launch my new nonprofit – The Institute for Vital Ministry. Our primary goal is to support and strengthen the work of leaders in congregations and community nonprofits.
Leadership is difficult – particularly in the ministry and nonprofit sectors. Whether staff, volunteer or board member, the turnover and burnout rates are remarkably high. We can change that by giving these leaders the support they need for sustainable vitality in their work.
COMPANIONSHIP IS KEY!
The Institute for Vital Ministry is a platform for transformation.
We are gathering a community of collaborative partners and building a platform of resources to provide leadership and life coaching, individually and in groups, through The Institute for Vital Ministry. Specifically, we provide:
- Individual, Peer to Peer, and Group Coaching that is self-replicating and self-sustaining – leaders learn to support one another collaboratively.
- Spiritual Direction and Pastoral Care for those who are under the heaviest burdens or seeking additional clarity.
- Resources for leaders, including shared stories of struggle, change and transformation, so people don’t feel alone or helpless.
The Institute for Vital Ministry offers all of this and more, to any leader, any person of peace, who promotes individual and community health, well-being and flourishing.
Every $50 raised provides a coaching session or a day of conference, workshop or retreat for a nonprofit leader.
How can you help?
- I invite you to join me in this work by doing the following:
- Pray for this ministry and the leaders we seek to serve.
- Spread the word to others who would be interested in supporting our efforts.
- Contribute financially with a one time or recurring gift.
- Contribute online: http://www.iVitalMinistry.com/Support. OR send a check to: Institute for Vital Ministry, c/o Missional Wisdom Fndn, 185 S. Whites Chapel Blvd., Southlake, TX 76092.
Thank you for joining with us in supporting the ministry and mission of Christ in the world. We also want to join with you to support your ministry and mission. Please share your story with us so that together we might discover new ways to serve and thus spread the good news.
Yours in Christ –
Rev. Dr. Ken G. Crawford